CONSUME LESS / SHARE MORE / LIVE SIMPLY

(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Surviving Frostbite in Yemen

I'm now back at work. Fairly uneventful trip from Rio to Dubai. Economy class for the better part of 18hrs with 4hr stop in Paris of which I spent most of it in security lineups.

I honestly thought it would be worse, but I have acquired the ability to turn my brain off while traveling. I am also getting better at the jetlag. I didn't sleep much wedged into the middle seat on the plane, so by the time I got to Dubai at midnight local time, I crashed and got a good 6-7 hrs of sleep. Woke up in the morning for the last leg into Yemen. Funny thing about the plane ride in on Yemenia Airways. I pick up the inflight magazine and the feature story is on how to survive sub-zero temperatures in the wilderness.

I'm not sure if the editor is living abroad, but the temperature only hits 10 degrees once a year, despite all the toque-wearing locals. A good laugh anyway. Today was my first day back in the office. Kind of sucked as I was instantly busy. I am about 40 emails behind and approaching the busiest time of the month. Tomorrow will be better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home