CONSUME LESS / SHARE MORE / LIVE SIMPLY

(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Christmas Eve in Paris

About an hour before I was to leave for the airport in Dubai, I looked an my itinerary and realized that I was in for a grind to get to Brasil. 7.5 hrs to Paris, 6.5 hrs stuck in Paris airport, 12 hrs to Rio. To make it worse, it was all on economy class. Normally, this wouldn't have been so daunting, but I have been so spoiled with business class in the last few years.

The first leg went well. The plane couldn't have been 1/4 full (I'm not sure how they made any money on that flight). I watched a few movies and slept a bit. I really got into my new book "Beauty Tips from Moose Jaw". It's a comical social commentary on the diversity of Canada and the quirkiness of Canadians.

I arrived in Paris around 5pm on Christmas Eve. To get into the spirit, I listened to all 22 Christmas songs on my Ipod and did my best to waste a few hours. By the time I got onto the plane, I had already had a full day, but still had a ways to go. The last flight was probably the worst I've ever been on. Absolutely packed plane, baby in the seat next to me, rude stewardesses. I even had 1/2 a can of Coke dumped on me. However, I put on my best Canadian smile on and made the best of it.

My Christmas Eve celebration in Paris


In the end, I was in transit for 30hrs from when I left my hotel in Dubai until I walked through the final immigration point in Rio. An exhausting ordeal, but incredibly worthwhile as I now find myself in Cidade Maravilhosa (the wonderful city) for the next 3.5 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home