CONSUME LESS / SHARE MORE / LIVE SIMPLY

(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Today, I went Skiing

I finished up my mammoth 6 weeker on Wednesday after a productive day with my rotational partner, Frank, who came in a day early. It was early to bed and early to rise (3:30am) to begin the long trek out of Yemen. Got to Dubai yesterday afternoon and headed to the mall for my routine butter chicken and a Starbucks Frappucino. Ah...civilization. As my flight doesn't leave until Friday night, I spent Friday at the brand new Mall of the Emirates, supposedly the largest mall outside North America. The reason that I went to this mall is that it has the world's largest indoor ski hill attached to it. I slapped down my dirhams and was handed ski pants, a jacket, socks and a pretty decent set of equipment. Funny enough, they can't give you mitts or a toque for sanitary reasons. Must be just a small coincidence that you can buy them in the gift shop. Anyways, the hill is 400m long, has decent snow and was fun for about 45 minutes. Rocky Mountain skiing it sure ain't, but it was a bit of fun and a chance for me to get in some skiing this winter. Just another experience added to my list of weird/ wacky/ wonderful things that I've had the good fortune of doing. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera. Please check out more about the "Ski Resort" by clicking here. I am now in the Dubai airport awaiting my flight to Singapore in about an hour and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home