CONSUME LESS / SHARE MORE / LIVE SIMPLY

(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Fill Me In 1.0

What music are you currently listening to?
Lately, I've been enjoying a lot of the new indie music out there (particularly Canadian stuff). In my very, very unqualifed opinion, the music in the mainstream now is refreshingly different (and much better) from what has been out there over the last 10 years. Maybe it's because I just took a moment to listen to some of it. Artists that I have been particularly drawn to lately are the Great Lake Swimmers, the Killers, Regina Spektor, the Joel Plaskett Emergency, the Weakerthans, the Shins and Arcade Fire. Also, I still can't get enough of Leonard Cohen after all of these years. In fact, he's playing on my ipod as I type this (So long Marianne...).

What recent quote have you heard that stuck with you?
Time is the new money.

Favorite dessert?
When I was a kid, it was my Grandma's lemon merengue pie, hands down. I guess too many years have passed since I've had it because I'd now have to say that nothing beats the baklava we get about once a week here at work. Hand made with the famous local honey of the area in Yemen I live.

First job?
The real first job I had was full-time babysitter of my nephew Dylan when he was 9 months old. When I finished high school, I really was undecided about what path to take so I decided to wait a year before continuing my education. Little did I know that babysitting would be an education (which I hope will serve me well in the near future). My sister Colleen offered me the job of live-in babysitter for the extravagant wage of $2/hr plus room and board. It still might be the best job I ever had. Dyl and I definately had fun.

Favorite possession?
It's gotta be the kayak, (although I am not sure what I would do without my laptop).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home