CONSUME LESS / SHARE MORE / LIVE SIMPLY

(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Grey Cup Champs

This sort of says it all. Pictured is my buddy and Grey Cup travelling partner, Govind, soaking in the Riders' championship win on Sunday. Gov is the most dedicated and knowledgable fan I know and I am sure he shed a few tears in the aftermath of the game.

As for me, I enjoyed watching the game by internet (through my slingbox ...the most amazing gadget). Game time was 2am and finished just a few minutes before I headed off to work with a massive grin. It ended up being quite a unique experience that I will carry forever (just like I'll never forget watching the Riders' last win at Craig Verner's place in Yarbo, Saskatchewan). However, I decided that my rightful place on Grey Cup weekend is at the festivities with the rest of the "Grey Cup Guys" (the term for our troop popularized by a fellow Grey Cup Guy, Terry McEvoy, in his book 'Rider Pride on the American Side'). As such, I've already altered my 2008 schedule and have made sure that I will be home for next year's championship game. Jeff, my Grey Cup tentmate, has already booked the hotel in Montreal. I better get on with a flight. Can you book a year in advance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home